Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10/25: "There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."

Today when I got there we followed the same routine. She lets me in we talk a little bit about her weekend and school day, then we get into warm up stretches, yoga routine, work on balancing exercises, and then practice her jig from her class. I think Kayla really likes the predictable routine, seeing me at the same time each Tuesday. I have been trying to ask each week if she would like to do some activity outside of the house, I suggested the movies, bowling, or something at the college such as dancing in the dance studio, swimming or ice skating. She always seems very hesitant. I want to try and get her out of the house and interacting with others, Jess Forte and I were trying to get both or students out to try some sort of activity. Kayla was asking who the other girl was, seemed undecided if she wanted to do it. She decided she would rather do bowling, and we have been trying to plan a time the four of us can all get together. I think it would be a good for Kay to get out of the house without being with a family member. From what I can tell she is usually in the house or when she is out at her activities her mom goes and stays with her. I think this will be good for her socialization. Jess Forte’s project dream student also goes to the same high school, and they don’t previously know each other. Perhaps if all goes well Kayla and Cassandra can be acquaintances in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment